Preparing gifts can be overwhelming during Christmas. For busy people, sending cards with famous spiritual quotes may instead be the best way to send love. After all, giving away inspiring quotes is a perfect way to remind yourself and others of the true meaning of the season while also keeping in mind the importance of your spirituality. With this in mind, below are some of the best famous spiritual quotes you can write in your cards this holiday season.
17 Famous Spiritual Quotes for Holiday Greeting Cards
Moving Quotes to Remind them of the True Meaning of Christmas
People tend to forget the main reason for Christmas celebrations. Sending gift cards is the best way to remind them that the holidays are beyond exchanging gifts and attending parties.
1. “Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas.” ―Calvin Coolidge
2. “Christmas is not just a time for festivity and merrymaking. It is more than that. It is a time for the contemplation of eternal things. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiving.” ―J. C. Penney
3. “Until one feels the spirit of Christmas, there is no Christmas. All else is outward display – so much tinsel and decorations. For it isn’t the holly, it isn’t the snow. It isn’t the tree not the firelight’s glow. It’s the warmth that comes to the hearts of men when the Christmas spirit returns again.”―Unknown
Encouraging Quotes to Help Them Share Love
While Christmas is a season of love and happiness, people still have their disappointments and frustrations over the past twelve months of their life. It may not be obvious but sometimes, all they need is a word of encouragement from family and friends.
4. “When you give a gift at Christmas and see the smile of the people you love reflected in their faces, that’s magical. It is not about spending a lot of money or buying a gift that is functional. It’s just a way to say I love you. Christmas is a symbol of union and joy, Christmas is forgetting the self and finding time for others.” ―Betty Poluk
5. “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?” ―Bob Hope
Motivational Quotes to Help Them Become Selfless
Christmas is also a time for togetherness and this is the perfect time to bond with your loved ones. Giving gift cards to a friend or family far away from you is a great way to show that you care for them.
6. “If you want to feel the truest spirit of Christmas, go out and find someone sadder than you, lonelier than you, poorer than you … and give what you can in a smile, in time, in compassion. The best Christmases always require the gift of self.” ―Toni Sorenson
7. “The Christmas spirit is simply an honest spirit of love for all humanity. It is the force that moves us to give what we can, to help as we are able, and to always be of kind comfort.” ―Richelle E. Goodrich,
8. “Christmas gift suggestions: to your enemy, forgiveness, to an opponent, tolerance, to a friend, your heart, to a customer, service, to all, charity, to every child, a good example, to yourself, respect.” ―Oren Arnold
9. “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” ―Eric Sevareid
Uplifting Quotes to Help Them Heal
The holiday season is also the perfect time to reflect and for some, it has been a tough year. To help them let loose of the painful memories, they need to hear reassuring words from a loved one. You can do this by inspiring them to relieve the pain and give them hope for better days.
10. “Christmas gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect on the important things around us — a time when we can look back on the year that has passed and prepare for the year ahead.” ―David Cameron
11. “Christmas is a bridge. We need bridges as the river of time flows past. Today’s Christmas should mean creating happy hours for tomorrow and reliving those of yesterday.” ―Gladys Taber
12. “The thing about Christmas is that it almost doesn’t matter what mood you’re in or what kind of a year you’ve had — it’s a fresh start.” ―Kelly Clarkson
Inspiring Quotes to Encourage Them Live a Meaningful Life
Life is very inspiring and you can share this inspiration with your loved ones this Christmas. Remind them that no matter how life gets difficult sometimes, we still live in a beautiful world and we should all live a meaningful life.
13. “Christmas is a season not only of rejoicing but of reflection.” ―Winston Churchill
14. “Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl. But it warmed more than your body. It warmed your heart…filled it, too, with a melody that would last forever.” ―Bess Streeter Aldrich (Song of Years)
15. “Whatever else be lost in the years, let us keep Christmas still a shining thing. Whatever doubts assail us, or what fears, let us hold close one day, remembering its poignant meaning for the hearts of men. Let us get back our childlike faith again.” ―Grace Noll Crowell
16. “December is full of the beauty of light and love we can bring into our life. You can choose to be stressed or you can choose to let the small stuff go and be peaceful this holiday season. It really is a choice you make.” ―Eileen Anglin
17. “Amidst the hectic season of giving gifts and sharing love, take time to find in your heart the true meaning of living so you will have the gift of life to share throughout the coming year.” ―Anonymous
Watch this short film by The Simple Pro for a very inspirational story to help your spiritual wellness this Christmas season:
The true meaning of Christmas is about more than just the festivities and gatherings — it’s about the celebration of life and sharing of love. Use these famous spiritual quotes to remind your loved ones of that and help them maintain spiritual wellness this holiday season.
What are your favorite famous spiritual quotes? Share them with us in the comments section below!